Barley contains 17 times more dietary fiber than white rice. Among them, rice mixed with glutinous barley, which is "sticky" barley, has been talked about in various places as it is effective for health and diet. This is because it contains a large amount of water-soluble barley, which contains two types of dietary fiber, insoluble and water-soluble.
However, due to the boom, rice cakes are always in short supply at supermarkets. Therefore, this time, I will introduce the points and recipes for taking in barley, which is relatively easy to obtain, every day.
Boiled barley is convenientLike barley and glutinous wheat, it is usually mixed with rice and cooked, but the texture is not as good as that of glutinous wheat. On the other hand, when boiled, the habit disappears, making it easier to use in various dishes.
To boil, put 1 go (about 150g (5.29oz)) of barley in a pan with plenty of hot water, and stir occasionally for 15 to 20 minutes on medium heat.
When it is boiled, raise it in a colander, remove the slime with running water, and drain it thoroughly. It can be stored for 2 to 3 weeks by wrapping it in a small amount (about 2 tablespoons) and freezing it.
You can easily make a well-balanced breakfast by adding it to soup or omelet, or adding it to salad as it is like vegetables.
In the morning when you have no appetite, it is recommended to make the following smoothies.
■ Barley, yogurt and banana smoothies
[Material (for 2 people)]
・ 1 banana ・ 1 cup of milk ・ 60g (2.12oz) of boiled barley
・ Plain yogurt 50g (1.76oz)
・ Pepper a little
[How to make]
1. Mix banana and milk in a blender
Add boiled barley and yogurt to 2.1 and mix lightly.
It can also be used to make sweets by taking advantage of its texture. Muffins with softly boiled barley are perfect for snacks and breakfast.
■ Fragrant barley honey muffins
[Material (for 6 muffin types)]
・ 100g (3.53oz) of cake flour
・ Baking powder 1 teaspoon
・ 2 teaspoons of nuts (chopped)
・ Barley 30g (1.06oz)
・ Milk A 3/4 cup ・ Sugar A 1 teaspoon
・ Unsalted butter 50g (1.76oz) (return to room temperature)
・ Sugar B 70g (2.47oz)
・ 2 teaspoons of honey
・ 1 beaten egg ・ 4 tablespoons milk B
[How to make]
1. Sift the cake flour and baking powder together
2. Remove the nuts by roasting them in a frying pan. Next, roast the barley, and when it is lightly browned, add milk A and sugar A and simmer over low heat (until the water is gone and it becomes soft).
3. Put unsalted butter in a bowl and mix until whitish. Add sugar B and honey and mix further
4. Add the beaten egg in 2 portions and mix, then mix 1 in 2 to 3 portions.
5. Add milk B little by little and mix, and when the whole is smooth, add nuts and barley and mix.
6. Put in the mold until about 6 minutes and bake in a 180 degree oven or oven toaster for 20-25 minutes.
Barley is likely to continue its boom. Incorporate it into various dishes to deliciously eliminate the lack of dietary fiber! * Recipe reference source: Hakubaku